Savory Southwestern Hamburger Skillet
Savory Southwestern Beef and Rice Skillet
|Lean Ground Beef||1 lb.|
|Yellow Onion, chopped fine||1 medium|
|Red Bell Pepper||1 Medium|
|Cloves of Garlic||3|
|Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies - Do not drain||1 (10 oz) can|
|Beef Broth or Beef Stock||1-1/2 Cups|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded Cheddar cheese||1-1/2 Cups|
|Freshly Chopped Parsely for Garnish||about 1 Tablespoon chopped|
Your family will double love this Southwestern Hamburger Skillet with beef, rice and lots of cheese. Serve with a side tossed salad and lots of Ranch dressing!
Put on your Cowboy boots when you all come around the table! This Savory Southwestern Beef and Rice Skillet recipe is sure to bring out your inner cow boy or girl person! This is a great dinner to serve after the Rodeo or Roping event. No events? No problem! This dinner will get your yee yaa going anyway!
Gather Up Your Ingredients There Partner:
- Lean ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh Garlic
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- Beef broth or stock
- Long grain rice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make Savory Southwestern Beef and Rice Skillet:
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, garlic, salt and pepper over medium heat. Drain and return to the stove at medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, and peppers. Continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes to soften the onions and peppers.
- Add the beef broth, rice, undrained Rotel, and Worcestershire Sauce to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Bring everything to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for another 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle generously with the cheese. Cover the skillet and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and gets nice and gooey.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.