Tasty Apple Melon Sangria
Apple Melon Sangria
|Dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc||1 bottle|
|Prepared lemonade||1-1/2 cups|
|White rum||1/4 cup|
|Granny Smith Apple||1|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||10-12|
APPLE MELON SANGRIA
Sangria is the perfect drink to serve on warm summer nights and watching sunsets. Sangria is very versatile and can be made with most any fruit / wine combination. Strawberries, grapes, watermelon, apples, oranges and lemon are all great choices. In this version we will pair fresh melon and green apple for a refreshing beverage.
Tips: For best results, melon should be frozen a minimum of 3 hours before making sangria. Sangria should chill in the refrigerator for the flavors to marry for 2 hours prior to serving.
1. Place melon in freezer for 3 hours.
2. In a large serving bowl or pitcher combine wine and sugar.
3. Add lemonade and rum.
4. Slice the apple and lemon. Add to wine mixture.
5. Remove melon from freezer and cut into cubes or melon balls. Add to wine mixture.
6. Add mint leaves and place into refrigerator. Chill for 2 hours. Taste and add 1 T additional sugar if needed.
7. Pour into glasses over ice. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed for Apple Sangria
- Bottle dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc
- Prepared lemonade
- White rum
- Granny Smith Apple
- Fresh Mint Leaves